Top 10 Tips to Saving Money at Michaels
Hey guys, I’m back with another great couponing tip this time it’s the Top 10 Tips to Saving Money at Michaels! Did you guys know you can use coupons at Michaels? I’m not just talking about the 40% off or the occasional 50% off coupon in the Sunday paper! I’m talking about “real” couponing!
- Michaels accepts competitor coupons from AC Moore, Joann’s, Hobby Lobby and Ben Franklin as long as these stores are in your area. They will accept coupons off one item but NOT your entire purchase. For example, you can go to Michaels with a coupon from Joanns for 40% off one item, but you cannot use a coupon from Joanns for 25% off your entire purchase. Most Michaels stores do require you to do seperate transactions if you are using multiple coupons so, if you had 2 items to purchase and you wanted to use a Michaels & Joanns coupon, you would have to do 2 seperate transactions. Check with your store manager first, some managers will allow multiple coupons to be used in the same transaction.
- Michaels offer teacher discounts for 15% off classroom purchase on top of sale prices with a valid school ID.
- Michaels offer military discounts for 15% off everyday, this offer is for the person in the military and his/her immediate family.
- Michaels also offer senior discounts (55 and older) for 10% off everyday with a valid photo ID.
- Michaels has a rewards program, meaning you get members only coupons and deals, you can choose how you receive them, it can be either text messages or emails or both.
- You can get coupons for multiple items via their website to use in store, you do not have to print the coupons, you can just show it on your smartphone. You can also download the app for free and have multiple coupons to use as well.
- Michaels has limited time sales valid for only a few hours, for example they just offered a coupon on Friday for 25% off your entire purchase including sale items, from 4PM to 9PM only in store. Sometimes they also offer 70% off Canvas package deals also from 4PM to 9PM only in store. Make sure to either sign up for emails or check their site regularly to find out about these limited sales.
- Michaels will price match, below is exactly as quoted from Michael’s site: “Michaels will match any competitor’s advertised price on items identical in brand and size. Advertised product must be currently valid and not expired. Price applies to current, locally advertised prices. Online Only specials will not be honored in store. We will not match prices on private label brand items or clearance items. Competitors allowed to match include AC Moore, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann’s. To receive a competitor’s price in store, customers must present the competitors advertisement either though print version or mobile/digital (e.g. phone). See a store associate for details.”
- Michaels has a $1.50 section, in the Michaels I go to it’s in the front of the store. They have lots of books, pens and cute craft supplies there! It’s definitely worth checking out before you look at the other stuff, in my opinion it is not as good as Target’s dollar spot but I don’t think anyone can beat them in that category! Also, by checkout sometimes they offer grab bag deals and they are usually only $2.00! You can score BIG there! One time I found a 4 cube Recollections organizing system for $2.00 marked down from $40.00!
- They offer kids craft classes usually on Saturdays, the price ranges from $2.00 to $5.00 per kid, you do have to stay in store while the kiddos are crafting but you can shop while they are busy, and the best part is-no cleaning up!
So, there it is! I hope this helped you guys and if there’s anything that needs to be added to list, post it in the comments below!
To shop Michaels, click here: http://www.michaels.com/.
For my favorite places to shop for home decor, read here: My Top 5 Home Decor Places to Shop. (Hint: Michaels is on the list and I explain why!)
Make sure you guys sign up for my emails so you never miss another great post! Don’t worry I won’t clutter your inbox with junk everyday, only twice a week!?
As usual, if you guys have any questions or comments please feel free to email me or comment in the box below and I will get back to you as soon as possible! Happy Couponing! Happy Crafting!
Want lifetime access to my resource library?
Subscribe to get the latest deals, DIY Projects, Recipes and more! Bonus, when you subscribe you will have FREE access to my resource library filled with over 50 printables as my gift to you!